January 5, 2016
good-bye 2015, hello 2016!
at 9:30 PM
Hey Stingers, Happy New Year! Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday, I brought in the new year at church with family and close friends. 2015 has definitely been one heck of a ride! I started a new job in a higher position that required a lot from me, and to be quite honest with you I wasn't really prepared for. I traveled a lot and even traveled by myself for the first time in my life; I was so nervous but I'm glad I did it. Got an opportunity that would change my life and turned it down, started new projects that I'm proud of, and made decisions that I wasn't too proud of. I got my first major feature on a well known blogging site that really gave me some well needed exposure. Made a few new friends in the business and lost a couple of personal ones. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and I also cried so hard my head hurt. All in all 2015 taught me so much, I've realized that things may happen in life (good or bad) but you have to keep moving. This journey is pretty difficult and I may need the help of God, close friends and mentors to get through it because I know I can't do it alone.
I'm excited to get started with this new year, I've even decided to create a new years resolution list for myself. Yup, I'm becoming a cliche sue me.
1. Put my spiritual life first (everything else can suffer but that)
2. Blog more. Like a lot more.
3. Make "being healthy" a lifestyle and not a trend. Eat cleaner, stay active. take better care of my body
4. Go back to reading more. like pick up the book and read. (and no instyle mags don't count!)
5. Travel, and travel (but only with purpose)
6. Go to NYFW (this needs to happen this year missy!)
7. Learn how to cook. take out has always been so much easier, hey don't judge.
8. Purchase an investment piece that my 30 year old me will be proud of
9. Make a decision to go back to school
10. Plan my own personal event that will get my name out there.
** Bonus ** Relaunch my blog (my baby needs a facelift!)
What do you think? What are your own personal resolutions for the new year? I want to hear from you guys, feel free to leave a comment below or you can also email me at email@example.com Thanks for stopping by!