December 28, 2012

We like to Party!



A couple of weeks a ago, my sister, her best friend and I hosted our first ever holiday party! It was so much fun to have my close friends and family all together. Not everyone knew each other, so we decided that doing a couple of ice breakers would be a good idea. We played games like "Mingle to Bingo" and "Charades". The winner of each game received a gift card of their choice between Starbucks or Panera Bread. Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year! There is always great music to enjoy, food and fun times with family. 


Finding the perfect holiday outfit can be very difficult, especially when you have a certain vision on how you want your look to be. I was truly inspired by Audrey Hepburn's 1957 film,  "Funny Face."
Although I'm not wearing a dress, I decided to pair up a peplum top with a full skirt to give the same feel and to flatter my waist I threw on a belt. The pointy heels put the perfect finish touch on my look.  How are you liking my holiday look?
Blouse Jcpenney, Skirt Steps, Heels Bakers Shoes, Belt Forever21



Overall, everyone enjoyed themselves. The party was such a good turn out that we're thinking about making it an annual event! I'm excited and I cannot wait to begin party planning for next year or figuring out my perfect holiday look! 
I styled my good friend Melissa for the party. I encouraged her to try something new and mix prints. At first she was a bit skeptical but ended up loving the turn out! Polka dot prints are pretty much easy to mix with anything. I also paid attention to color and the size of the print. I added stockings to give it more of a holiday feel. Do you like how I styled Melissa? Feel free to leave a comment below!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Don't forget to follow me on twitter and instagram!
My username is @thebstinger. Want to contact me by email? Sure! Sabinejean02@gmail.com


XO, 
B







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The B Stinger © 2013.

Design by DesignHerGoods